Friday, March 18, 2011

Light stimulation

Today was a cold, rainy day in Paris. That's right - perfect for a museum. We'd heard that the Pompidou had a kids' gallery with hands-on activities, so off we went. Even though this section for kids is small, my son had a blast. He created his own water color painting and played with small plastic cubes of different colors to create prisms.

We then headed off to the Francois Morellet exhibit. I'd seen another exhibit of his in the NYC Guggenheim and even though I enjoyed it then, it wasn't nearly as fun as seeing my toddler running around the exhibit spaces, completely enthralled by the flashing lights and disorienting lines and shapes. Fascinating for adults, even more so for kids. 


It's fantastic to be able to expose your son to this kind of stimulation. I wonder what was going through his mind when he was looking at these lights:

No comments:

Post a Comment