Wednesday, March 16, 2011

L'Abondance

The indoor gourmet market of St Germain is a hop, skip, and a jump from my house. I'm fortunate to be so close to such an abundance of perfect fruit, vegetables, cheese, wine, meats, poultry, seafood, bread, pastry, and summer rolls? Yes, a Vietnamese eatery sits among the typically French stalls. Whatever you're craving, it's probably waiting for you at this market.
These kinds of markets are important reasons why I wanted to come to Paris. This city is teeming with markets where everything is displayed in all its brilliance and where shop keepers take pride in every single tomato, and it shows.
This is the place where only the vegetables that took their time to ripen perfectly are taken. Only the best cheese, olives, fruits, and bread. Only the best. I'll say no more, just take a look:






1 comment:

  1. Way to depress the hell out of me! You should have seen the pineapple I cut the other day - had to throw it out. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete