Thursday, March 3, 2011

KFC

What does KFC have anything to do with this blog? With Trinidad? With Carnival? Well, I thought it impressive that I've heard from more than one person that the best selling KFC in the world is located in - you guessed it - Trinidad. More specifically, the KFC in Independence Square sells gazillions of dollars worth of thighs and wings per day. This comes as no surprise to me because I am witness to how much Trinidadians LOVE KFC. They love fried chicken in general, but they love their KFC in particular. Therefore, I thought it earned a place in this blog - along with doubles, breadfruit, callaloo, and all that other good stuff I've talked about.


KFC is a big deal here, and Trinidad has made it all its own - with a Carnival add and everything. This jinggle, which is more like a proper soca song, can be heard at every moment and on every radio station in the nation:
Gorgeous Carnival ladies, blue devils, and everyone in between love their KFC. Yeah, right, I'm sure those girls eat KFC on a regular basis...Anyway, the colonel would have been proud.


Of course I got myself some of the colonel's goodness to have a try. By the way, I'm convinced that all KFCs taste differently...Beijing KFCs, for example, have a different taste than US KFCs. My Trini chicken was delish. I must confess that about every other year or so I get a craving for that greasy goodness. Even though once I have it I can't look at it for another year, I enjoy every bite while it lasts.


Definitely still finger lickin' good...but this time, Trini style.

No comments:

Post a Comment