Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Poofing

I have two masters degrees and have taken many exams in my time. Of course I worry and stress out before taking tests, but I've never been as frightened as when I had to make a souffle in culinary school. I mean think about it - if it doesn't poof, it doesn't poof! Fail. In my worst nightmare, my souffle doesn't poof. I stand in front of the oven and a solitary tear runs down my cheek because after all the whisking, mixing, and hoping, gravity takes control and doesn't allow my cheese souffle to poof. Fail.


Yesterday, my nightmare didn't come true. My cheese souffle POOFED! It poofed and poofed until it could poof no more! The sky was the limit for this little cloud of cheese, milk, eggs, and air. It was beautiful and as I sighed a sigh of relief, I managed to take a photo before Chef Cotte dove into it. "Excellent", he said. "Yippee", I said. Well, perhaps I didn't say it that way, but in my head I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment