Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tequila recipe ?

Thinking of a DC entry to share with you, but there is a *major* ice storm approaching, and I'm afraid to leave the house in case I can't come back. If you've ever been in a DC ice storm, you know that all hell breaks loose and it's almost impossible to drive, walk, or run to your desired destination. The power and internet go down often, so if you don't hear from me, you'll know its because I'll be huddled up under twenty wool blankets and reading by candlelight. Even though that sounds romantic, I really hope it doesn't happen. 
I went from this:
To this:
Am I crazy? No, I'm here to meet my nephew...and bond with my poor frozen parents.


Therefore, in the absence of a true DC food entry, I'll share this "Tequila Recipe" with you to keep you warm in case you're also freezing in DC. A friend shared it with me yesterday, and I have no idea where it originated, so don't get me in trouble with copyright issues, ok? Thanks.


1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
Lemon juice
4 large eggs
Nuts
1 bottle Tequila
2 cups dried fruit


Sample the tequila to check quality. Take a large bowl; check the tequila again to be sure it is of the highest quality.
Repeat.
Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
At this point, it is best to make sure the tequila is still okay. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixer thingy.
Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in a cup of dried fruit. Pick up the fruit off the floor.
Mix on the turner.
If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaters, just pry it loose with a drewscriver.
Sample the tequila to test for tonsistency.
Next, sift 2 cups of salt or something.
Check the tequila. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.
Greash the oven.
Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.
Don't forget to beat off the turner.
Finally, throw the bowl through the window.
Finish the tequila and wipe the counter with the cat.



1 comment: