Monday, February 28, 2011

Tea Party

Today I hosted a tea party for one of my dearest friends. The plan: six adults and eight (yes, eight) children under the age of five. Actually, it ended up being five adults and six children at the end, thank heavens. It was like a kindergarten around here - running, playing, screaming, laughing, and yes, some crying but fortunately that was not until the end of the day, when everyone was ready for bed...and a gin and tonic. Mostly, however, there was a lot of eating.


The table had something for everyone. I baked my mother's recipe for a lemon merengue pie (which is to die for, so I'll ask her permission to share the recipe with you) and Ina Garten's sour cream coffee cake. I heated up mini filo quiche (store bought), and offered goodies for the kiddies, including squeezable applesauce from Trader Joe's. If you're lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe's in the US and have a toddler then run, do not walk, to your nearest TJ's and buy these little guys - totally awesome snacks for kids. All natural, no added sugar and all that jazz. I've also seen similar versions in Publix, fyi.


I enjoyed baking up a storm for my dear "H", dear girl friends, and their lovely kids.
for chai with sugar, cardamom & cinnamon
my mama's lemon merengue pie
kids' stuff - trader joe's applesauce crushers, mini raisin boxes, & animal crackers
ina garten's sour cream coffee cake


No comments:

Post a Comment