Saturday, April 16, 2011

I did what to the Easter bunny? (Caution - explicit photos of dead bunnies)

Remember what I said about returning to the real stuff and understanding what food actually looks like? Well, if I'm gonna talk the talk, I have to walk the walk. Here's a "before and after" you probably haven't seen in a while. I don't mean to shock you a week before Easter by showing you photos of how I butchered the Easter bunny in class yesterday, but instead to inspire you to cook or order rabbit for your next meal. If cooked correctly, it's quite tasty. Some say it's a hard meat, but that's just because the rabbit they've had was probably over-cooked.


Before

yes, that's where those pretty, fluffy ears used to be
After
Rabbit with sauteed potatoes and a rosemary brochette of rabbit kidney and liver
And for those of you who are probably mad at me for showing you these photos, I'll leave you with this to lighten the mood and to ask for forgiveness. Dessert:
An almond meringue tart with caramelized pears. Ah, that's better, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. ...and where might one find rabbit for sale in the DC area?

    the dessert looks grand. mmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is damaged for life after seeing it (I have to admit me too)! That poor cute rabbit. What do you do with the eyes? Stephen wanted one for his birthday (alive, not dead). Did you have to kill it, de-skin it and chop off the ears? Dessert looks awesome:-)

    ReplyDelete